Thursday 20 August 2009

Do days get any better?

I think that yesterday has got to go down as having been a pretty great day. It’s always a great day when you can fill an entire hand of fingers with individual things that have happened. And yesterday, I could do exactly that. And as an added bonus, not only was it physically a good day, it was symbolically and mentally a great day, and that always helps to make a difference.

Well, there’s no point writing four million words to sum it all up, so here are my bullet point reasons why yesterday was a great day.

1) We moved out of London.

2) I had a massively clear run up the M1 and drove 254 miles up to Middlesbrough in 240 minutes.

3) This meant I got to lie down and rest for an hour in Middlesbrough.

4) I then went to St James’ park, and bought a season ticket in the Gallowgate end.

5) Because my seat was taken for the match, the bloke at the ticket office put me in the Platinum Club Member’s seats for the game.

6) Newcastle won 1-0, thus continuing my streak of never having lost while I have been watching them. (I also shouted "Unbelievable Jeff!" at Chris Kamara and he smiled. Not really a point on its own, but worth mentioning.)

7) I had a Salt and Pepper.

I’m not saying there’s no way the day could have been any better, but I tell you what, I am pretty happy to take that.

Paulo

No comments:

Post a Comment