Tuesday 1 September 2009

My YouTube clips of the week.

Here are some YouTube clips that I’ve found that I thought people might like.

1. All the Single Ladies.
I despise Beyonce and Destiny’s Child with a passion, so much so that it might even form the basis of a future blog, and her recent song “Single Ladies” is just as awful as most of the tripe that she brings out. BUT – mix it with the theme tune to the Andy Griffith show, and watch as it’s magically transformed into a whistle-along classic. I defy any of you not to whistle along with this...



2. Runnin with the Beatles
I’ve already espoused how much I love the Beatles, but is there a way you can make one of their classic songs even better? Of course there is – by mashing it up with Runnin with the Devil by Van Halen. Shouldn’t work, but really does.



3. Stairway to a Hard Day’s Night
Another Beatles Mashup here – well, almost. This is the Australian band Beatnix performing a special re-writing of Stairway to Heaven, and is absolutely fantastic.



4. *apply sunglasses*
David Caruso is really a self-parody now, and the fact that he (and the rest of the CSI Miami team) are so aware of it and happy to play up to it makes this all the more enjoyable...


5. Real tough guys
Not many things are funnier than this video.


6. The Welsh Wonder
It’s easy to forget just how devastatingly brilliant Ryan Giggs was back in the day. Here’s a reminder. The writing in green is a bit sycophantic but the video clips speak for themselves.



7. Don’t Look Back In Anger
Oasis have become a bit of a circus in recent years, but there was a time when they were literally changing the face of British rock and roll and the lives of young boys up and down the country who wanted to play the guitar and had no contemporary idols to worship, me included. Here they are at Maine Road, a gig that I watched so much I wore the VHS out.

No comments:

Post a Comment